Introduction to virtual worlds through Mozilla Hubs. Learn the skills to build your own virtual world and avatars to share with others. Explore virtual reality technologies such Oculus and Hololens at the CLS STEM+ Lab.
Intro to Virtual Reality
STEM+ After-school Career Building
|LEVEL:||Beginner to Advanced|
This course guides you step-by-step in creating your own virtual reality space in Mozilla Hubs. Sessions include presentations, demonstrations, and guided activities. Topics include:
- Introduction to virtual reality environments. Create Your First Room.
- Creating Avatars
- Scenes & 3D Objects
- Project Planning & Design
- Fine Tune Your Project and Share
- The CLS STEM+ Lab follows CDC and local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Camp includes use of computers and equipment in the CLS STEM+ lab in the Roanoke Higher Education Center.
STEM+ by CLS
STEM+ by Commonwealth Learning Systems (CLS) develops online STEM education focusing on emerging technologies and job skills. Our goal is to support learners and educators in innovative, accessible ways – online, hybrid, and in-person at our STEM+ lab at the Roanoke Higher Education Center.