Introduction to virtual worlds through Mozilla Hubs. Learn the skills to build your own virtual world and avatars to share with others. At the end of camp, explore virtual reality technologies such Oculus and Hololens at the CLS STEM+ Lab.
Intro to Virtual Reality
STEM+ Summer Camp
|LEVEL:||Beginner to Advanced|
|SCHEDULE:||Monday – Friday 9AM – 4PM|
|CAMP FEES:||$350 for the 5-day session
$325 sibling discount rate*
*rate applies if more than 1 camper from the same family registers for the same camp.
|AFTER CARE:||$50 for supervised care from 4PM- 5PM|
This five-day camp guides you step-by-step in creating your own virtual reality space in Mozilla Hubs. Sessions include presentations, demonstrations, and guided activities. Topics include:
- Introduction to virtual reality environments. Create Your First Room.
- Creating Avatars
- Scenes & 3D Objects
- Project Planning & Design
- Fine Tune Your Project and Share
Not Just Screen Time
Every STEM+ camp day includes time for physical activity. Our STEM+_ instructors will lead the campers in functional fitness, outdoor games (weather permitting) and exercise led by our on-site STEM+ instructor.
- The CLS STEM+ Lab follows CDC and local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Campers must provide their own lunch.
- Camp includes use of computers and equipment in the CLS STEM+ lab in the Roanoke Higher Education Center.
STEM+ by CLS
STEM+ by Commonwealth Learning Systems (CLS) develops online STEM education focusing on emerging technologies and job skills. Our goal is to support learners and educators in innovative, accessible ways – online, hybrid, and in-person at our STEM+ lab at the Roanoke Higher Education Center.