CLS STEM+ Policies
for Youth, Instructors, Parents, & Guardians
This page includes the policies of STEM+ by Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC (“CLS STEM+”).
- CLS STEM+ Code of Conduct
- CLS STEM+ Media Release
- CLS STEM+ Terms & Conditions
Code of Conduct
The primary goal of CLS STEM+ programs is to help youth develop competency through STEM education events, projects, skills, and activities. Actions by persons (parents, and participants) involved with the CLS STEM+ programs work to promote a respectful and collaborative learning environment and community.
Code of Conduct
As a CLS STEM+ Participant/Instructor/Parent/Guardian I will:
- Treat all people and property with respect, courtesy, consideration and compassion. Avoid and prevent put-downs, insults, name calling, swearing and other language or nonverbal conduct likely to offend, hurt or set a bad example.
- Keep informed about CLS STEM+ program policies and projects and read materials pertaining to CLS STEM+ programs.
- Teach and model kindness and compassion for others. Recognize that all people have skills and talents which can be used to help others and improve the community. Teach and foster teamwork and discourage selfishness.
- Practice fair-mindedness by being open to ideas, suggestions and opinions of others. I will make all reasonable efforts to assure equal access to participation for all youth and adults regardless of race, creed, color, sex, national origin or disability. Decisions will be made fairly and treat all individuals and families with impartiality.
- Obey laws and rules as an obligation of being a good CLS STEM+ community member. I accept responsibility for the proper treatment and care for other youth and adults, the program facilities and/or equipment.
- Demonstrate the responsible treatment of animals and stewardship of the environment.
- Not use alcohol or illegal substances (or be under the influence) while working with or participating in any part of the CLS STEM+ Program.
- Provide a safe environment for all parties involved in CLS STEM+. I will protect those involved from sexual harassment, physical force, verbal or mental abuse, neglect, or other harmful behaviors.
CLS STEM+ Parents, Guardian and/or Youth who do not abide by the above code of conduct, may receive the following consequences:
- Be asked to explain actions to the CLS STEM+ administration.
- Be dismissed from an event at own expense.
- Further disciplinary action determined by the CLS STEM+ administration, which may include:
- restriction from contacting CLS STEM+ families, volunteers, donors, and/or sponsors pertaining to any CLS STEM+ matter.
- becoming ineligible to attend any further CLS STEM+ activities.
- family may become ineligible to participate in the CLS STEM+ Program.
- Reimburse the proper entity for any property damage or for liability resulting from inappropriate actions. In the case of vandalism, guilty party may be required to reimburse CLS STEM+ and/or the facility.
CLS STEM+ gathers certain information about our users, and the following explains the terms and conditions about how we acquire and use that information. Among the information we gather are your name, street and e-mail addresses, billing information, and other personal information you may provide on our Web site.
E-mails sent to Participants
CLS STEM+ has a mailing list. Users may fill out contact and OPT IN forms that request information, including e-mail addresses when signing up to be added to our mailing list or when registering for a program or event. Periodically, CLS STEM+ will send information regarding public events, and important STEM news or CLS STEM+ program information. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by clicking on UNSUBSCRIBE on the email message or contact CLS STEM+ directly using firstname.lastname@example.org. CLS STEM+ does not sell, rent, or otherwise exploit in any way the e-mail addresses of email list subscribers and recipients.
CLS STEM+ follows the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
If you have any further questions or concerns about CLS STEM+ privacy policies and use of personal information, please send them to email@example.com.
The following language is included on the STEM+ Participation form:
For valuable consideration received, the undersigned hereby irrevocably consents to and authorizes the use by CLS STEM+ of the undersigned’s name, image, voice and/or likeness as follows: CLS STEM+ shall have the right to publish, re-publish, adapt, exhibit, perform, reproduce, edit, modify, make derivative works, distribute, display or otherwise use or re-use the undersigned’s name, image, voice and/or likeness in connection with any product or service in all markets, media or technology now known or hereafter developed in perpetuity throughout the universe including advertising, promoting and merchandising the product or service. CLS STEM+ may exercise any of these rights itself or through any successors, transferees, licensees, distributors or other parties, commercial or nonprofit. The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through the site.
Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through the site.
All content appearing on this Web site, unless otherwise noted, is the property of Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC. Copyright © 2018 – 2021 Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC. All rights reserved.
All brand, product, service, and process names appearing on this Web site are trademarks of their respective holders. Reference to or use of a product, service, or process does not imply recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of that product, service, or process by Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC . Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC or any third party, except as expressly granted herein.
Use of Site
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel events in its discretion, including, without limitation, if Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC.
By registering for our event, you agree to the following
“In consideration of provision of all science instruction (the “Services”) by Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC you agree to release any and all claims, demands, causes of action, remedies and damages against Commonwealth Learning Systems LLC, or anyone in their employment in connection with provision of the Services, including all claims and causes of action of negligence, personal injury, and property damage.”
The safety of our learners is our number one priority. Unsafe behavior is not accepted in any of our labs, both virtual and in-person.
Participants are expected to be helpful, courteous and to try their best at all times. Parents please review with Explorers the importance of being attentive and respectful to instructors and other Explorers during this camp so that this may be a memorable and fun experience for all.
Commonwealth Learning Systems reserves the right to dismiss, without refund, any participant who is consistently disrespectful to people or property or endangers him/herself, their instructors or other learners due to inappropriate or unsafe conduct.
Cancellation / Withdrawal Policy
Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC will issue a full refund when
- A class or program is cancelled by Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC.
- When a class or program is changed by Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC, and the change makes it impossible for the customer to continue with the class.
Commonwealth Learning Systems, LLC reserves the right to cancel an event (camp or workshop)
- For weather conditions that we believe pose a danger to our employees and our clients. If this is the case, we will provide you with a prorated refund for the missed camp or workshop.
- Due to insufficient enrollment. In the event that the session is cancelled, your deposit and/or tuition will be refunded in full.
If you decide to withdraw your student from camps or workshops for any reason at any time or you decide to cancel an event, our policy is as follows: