based on microbit.org/terms-of-use/
- Make all experiences inclusive and positive
- Ensure alignment with this code of conduct, and ensure safeguarding processes are in place throughout their activities
- Support and encourage the engagement of children (anyone under 18) in our community, both on-line and at events.
- Seek to protect children in all of our activities; we seek to ensure that our activities are in line with our values and support the organization to further its work in inspiring and enabling children to participate in the digital world
- Find strength in diversity and seek to promote participation.
- Support others participation in the space; our community intends to encourage creativity and collaboration, we welcome new ideas, we welcome propositions, everyone is learning
- Consider others before you interact; including their level of technical skill and experience and their level of comfort in engaging in conversation, all spaces should be supportive spaces
- Consider that the persons(s) you are interacting with maybe a child
- Consider that the person(s) you are interacting with maybe an adult. In STEM+ by CLS online spaces we discourage direct messaging to support safe spaces for children
- Unacceptable behaviors include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions by any participant in our community online, at all related events and in one-on-one communications carried out in the context of community interactions.
- Harassment includes but is not limited to: harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including online spaces); doxing, intimidation, stalking or following; photography or recording without prior permission; sustained disruption of online conversations, talks or other events
- Any interactions of concern will be assessed and evaluated
- A request may then be made to adjust behavior or language to support the community members, comments may be deleted or removed.
- Any action assessed as a severe breach of the code of conduct will result in removal from the space and a cessation of interacting with this community