Design, build and play games in the STEM+ Lab. Build your own to share with others and learn fundamentals of Scratch, block coding, microcontrollers, and Minecraft. Ages: 8+ Level: Beginner Ages: 8+
STEM+ After-school Career Building
|LEVEL:||Beginner to Medium|
Gamification is learning through games. In this session, campers will be introduced to the fundamentals of game development and programming basics through a variety of platforms and technologies. Design, build and play games in the STEM+ Lab Topics and activities include:
- Gamification & MIT Scratch programming
- Programming Games with micro:bits
- Learning & Creating with Minecraft
- The CLS STEM+ Lab follows CDC and local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Camp includes use of computers and equipment in the CLS STEM+ lab in the Roanoke Higher Education Center.
STEM+ by CLS
STEM+ by Commonwealth Learning Systems (CLS) develops online STEM education focusing on emerging technologies and job skills. Our goal is to support learners and educators in innovative, accessible ways – online, hybrid, and in-person at our STEM+ lab at the Roanoke Higher Education Center.