Virtual Meetup | June 24, 2021 | 7:00 – 9:00PM
This month’s Code for NoVA meetup will be held in a Mozilla Hubs meeting space hosted by CLS STEM+
and developed in conjunction with Jeff Elkner’s CS students.
- 7:00 PM – Welcome, introductions, and review of navigation in Hubs
- 7:15 PM – Feature Presentation: ACC students Liam, Miguel, and Jiovanny share their work on the addition of Arlington public transit support to the open source Transportr app (transportr.app/)
- 7:45 PM – Explore HUBS meeting space and demos of different Hubs features.
- 8:15 PM – Presentation / Discussion: What are the wheres and whens of using virtual reality effectively? Sam Williams from CLS will open the discussion about integrating VR technology. (www.stemplus.net/about-us/directory/)
- 8:35 PM – Presentation / Discussion: What are other examples of VR platforms? Dean McIntyre from CLS will continue the discussion by sharing examples of other virtual platforms (aside from Mozilla Hubs) developers can consider for their projects. (www.stemplus.net/about-us/directory/)
- 9:00 PM – Event ends
The meeting room will open at 7:00pm.
If the link does not work at 7pm, please refresh your page and retry the Join Meeting button.)
Room capacity is 25
NOTE: Space in HUBs is limited. Once the room limit is filled, remaining attendees will be able to watch from the lobby and participate in the discussion through CHAT.
A STEM+ team member is available in ZOOM during the session if you need help.
885 2683 1482
Additional attendees are able to watch from the Lobby and interact with those in the room through CHAT
Code of Conduct